Axioms. I’ve been pondering 25 powerful life proverbs that I’ve spoken to myself and others literally thousands of times. Maybe one of these is for you today?
- Be careful in fighting the dragon you don’t become the dragon.
- Step in the direction of obedience and power will come along the way.
- Perhaps, it’s not about you.
- Be the bigger person.
- Bet the farm on God
- We do not go from the land of the living to the land of the dying … we go from the land of the dying to the land of the living.
- All people matter to God and they need to matter to me.
- You are a most cherished son (daughter) of the Most-High God.
- He is no fool to give up that which he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose.
- The Gospel is not primarily about getting into heaven when you die, it’s about getting into a personal relationship with God through Jesus and you get heaven thrown in as a bonus.
- Don’t give the Adversary a seat at your table.
- Sometimes when it seems God is killing me, He is actually making me.
- Waiting days seem like wasted days but are actually training days.
- Just because my will is not done doesn’t mean God’s will is not done.
- God paints on a canvas bigger than you can see or imagine.
- At any given time we see three things God is doing, but He is actually doing 103 things.
- We may shake upon the rock but the Rock doesn’t shake under us.
- Outrage is not a strategy.
- Jesus either delivers us from the fire or goes through the fire with us.
- The Kingdom of God will not arrive on Airforce One.
- 90% of the people God used in the Bible were not pastors or priests … they were business people, soldiers, government workers, moms, dads and grandparents. (Just like today.)
- If a blind man stepped on your foot would you be mad at him? No … Stretch for people spiritually blind.
- It doesn’t take a lot of people to make a big difference.
- Where there is Jesus … there is always hope.
- God is on the Move.
Join Donna and Me on a
Ten Day Holy Land Trip
March 1-10, 2019 (Mardi Gras Week)
For 20 years, I have said I would put this trip together and many have said, “I’ll Go!” This is a once in a lifetime trip. We will see Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Sea of Galilee, Masada, etc. and have dinner in the home of a local family. We already have people who have officially registered from the D.C. area, Gulf South and across the country. Brochures are available. Email me at MDSprague00@bellsouth.net if you would like more information.
- Our short Louisiana Special Session ended last week with frustration, gridlock and mistrust. The three-month Regular Legislative Session launched yesterday with the need for reconciliation, wisdom and courage. Pray for these times when God’s power is so needed.
- Pray for the Ministry of Reconciliation in dealing with leaders. Over the last few weeks and in the weeks to come I will be repeatedly speaking to groups or individuals where there is division and strong feelings of fracture. Pray for the ministry of Christ that bridges the gaps between God and man and one human being to another.
- Pray for the many small groups and speaking opportunities I am leading now.
- Pray for Donna in her work with me as well as leading a small group Bible study and serving as a volunteer at the Crisis Pregnancy Center.
Helping Louisiana’s Leaders,