Transforming our World through Christ,
One Leader at a Time
The ministry seeks to implement this mission on two levels:
Focus on Leaders in the State of Louisiana
This is a team ministry that engages, reaches and deploys political, business, and spiritual leaders for the cause of Christ.
- Bible Studies
- Community Speaking
- Leadership Training
- Prayer Breakfasts
- Radio & Television
- Short-term Adventures
- Discipleship & Multiplication
Ministry Beyond Louisiana
In addition to state ministry, Michael Sprague is engaged in a ministry of speaking and writing that reaches a broader context. Part of the vision is to participate in spiritual revival and renewal on a wider scale. The ministry aims to add value to the church and leaders and stimulate partnership in the Great Commission community through the following core values:
- Preeminence of Jesus (Colossians 1:27-28) We keep Jesus first in everything we do. We follow the Lord’s direction and hold loose our plans and methods. Our life is in Christ and His life is in us.
- Life-on-life Friendships (1 Thessalonians 2:8) Ministry is all about relationships. We value people for whom they are and trust that changed lives will come as we heed Jesus’ words, “Follow Me.”
- Spiritual Reproduction (2 Timothy 2:2) Ministry develops others to take Jesus to the community, marketplace and world.
- Certainty and Sufficiency of Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16) To overcome the bent to water down, entertain and drift by giving people the uncompromising, relevant, life-changing Word of God.
- Kingdom Called (Matthew 28:19-20) Priority on building the Kingdom of God over building any organization, method or agenda.
- Sacrificial Service (1 Corinthians 15:31b) Life can be lived as if on a cruise ship or a battleship. When Christ calls a person, it is to come and die to our agendas and plans and live for Him.
- Synergy (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12) Recognizing what can’t be accomplished individually can be done in collaboration with others, we affirm the priority of multiplying results through intentional partnerships.
Dr. Michael Sprague is the Louisiana State Chaplain with the Capitol Commission and President of Grace Adventures, which reaches out to political, business and spiritual leaders in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge region and beyond. Michael is engaged in relational outreach and discipleship, teaching, coaching, writing and speaking. His non-profit helps leaders think through the “Big Questions” of life and thrive as a whole person: spiritually, relationally, physically and emotionally. Michael wants leaders to not only win at politics or career, but at life. He often serves as a “non-political” friend to people in the halls of leadership.
Michael spends lots of time at the Capitol in Baton Rouge, Louisiana working with Legislators, lobbyists, administration and Capitol staff in a non-political, non-partisan pastoral/chaplain role. The focus is not to lobby for legislation (as important as that is) but to help leaders with their faith and life. Days are filled with Bible studies, prayer, listening, caring appointments and many surprises. Michael loves to help people know the Jesus of the Scriptures.
Michael has spoken at political and community events, has preached at both megachurches and small churches, and has lead retreats and workshops on topics including: influence, leadership, global mission, faith and politics, faith and vocation, courage, hope, and dealing with disaster. He has been featured on such programs as Fox and Friends and Fox Business Risk and Rewards, Moody Radio and Christianity Today.
Michael holds a Business degree from the University of Maryland, a Master of Divinity degree from Capital Bible Seminary (Lanham, Maryland) and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Dallas Theological Seminary. He served as Senior Pastor of Trinity Church in Covington, Louisiana for 11 years, and formerly served for 15 years at Forcey Bible Church in Silver Spring, Maryland. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, he helped launch the Touch Global Crisis Response Ministry for the Evangelical Free Churches of America, and wrote two books – DISASTER: Betting the Farm on God in Life’s Storms and Stories from Katrinaland.
Michael does life with his wonderful wife and partner Donna. They have one son, Jonathan who is married to Patricia, and have a beloved grandchild. Donna and Michael reside in Mandeville, LA. In his spare time, he enjoys playing basketball, reading and traveling. His motto is “Bet the Farm on God.”
Dr. Fred Miller
Doctors Chiropractic Group
CEO Avala Hospital
Vice President, Grain Division
James D. Cole
CEO, Newark Resources, retired
Founder and Owner, Meier Custom Homes, LLC
It is my honor to serve as the Louisiana State Chaplain with the Capitol Commission. The Capitol Commission is a National Ministry that is reaching Capitol Communities for Christ. This ministry places ministers and chaplains into state capitols across the country. The breadth and scope of this ministry can be further understood by visiting the website of Capitol Commission.
“Capitol Commission shares with government leaders and legislators of every political persuasion the love of God as proclaimed through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, challenging them to live a transformed life personally and professionally that is founded on Biblical truth. I commend this strategic and vital ministry to you.”
Anne Graham Lotz, President – AnGel Ministries
“I believe that the biblical basis and the practical wisdom that I have seen in Capitol Commission is the kind of ministry that every state capitol as well as the federal government politicians need in the USA. I want to encourage all believers who care for the state of the nation and for the direction of the political dialogue national and statewide support the ministry of Capitol Commission.”
Luis Palau, International Speaker