As I participated in the National Prayer Breakfast again this year, I rejoice that I am part of an international family of friends who are using their time and influence to share the person of Jesus. I am fully convinced that partnerships and friendships between political, faith and business leaders are making, and will continue to make, an incredible difference. People gathered from 120 nations including our President, Vice-President, Speaker of the House, many Senators and Representatives, several Heads of State and many others united to find out how Jesus is at work in our world. I got to hear speakers including the President of Rwanda, Astronaut and NASA administrator Bill Nelson, Virginia Governor Youngkin and singer Andrea Bocelli.
I had appointments on Capitol Hill with several leaders from Louisiana. It was a special time to hear their concerns and pray with them. Many thanks to Senator Bill Cassidy, Speaker of the House Mike Johnson, Representative Garrett Graves, and Representative Julia Letlow for hosting our team. A special thank you to Speaker Mike Johnson and his Chief of Staff Ruth Ward for meeting with us on his balcony overlooking the National Mall/Pennsylvania Avenue and then letting us go into the House Chamber to hear his major address to the nation.
We all can choose to be part of the solution rather than be part of the problem. We need a revolution of civility and a spiritual awakening. Without being right with God, we will never be right with each other. I thank God for courageous leaders who honor God above all else.
Pray for February and March Special Events
- Night to Shine, February 9 – I loved serving at this unforgettable prom night experience put on by the Tim Tebo Foundation centered on God’s love for people with special needs.
- Northshore Bible Church, February 18 – Preaching. All are welcome to attend.
- Special Legislative Session, February 19-March 6 – The focus will be on Crime.
- Slidell Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast, February 26 – Pray for me as the keynote speaker for this event.
- Giving Hope, March 4 – Preaching in Lacombe, Louisiana. Call if you are interested in joining me.
- Community-wide Leader Faith Forum, March 7 – All are invited to the Chapel in Covington as we bring together the community and political, faith and business leaders for Prayer and Scripture Reading.
- Capitol Prayer Meeting, March 10 – All are welcome to this gathering to pray for leaders and the public on the steps of the Capitol in Baton Rouge.
- Louisiana Legislative Session, March 11-June 3 – Pray for the Legislators Bible study I lead and for me as I meet many new Legislators.
- Governor’s Prayer Breakfast, March 13 – Tickets are available for purchase at http://www.lagpb.org. The keynote speaker is the military leader who captured Saddam Hussein.
- Capitol Bible Reading Marathon, March 16-20 – It will be an honor to help kick off the reading of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation on the South Capitol Steps.
- Israel Trips 2024 – Postponed until 2025.
A Few Pictures