The critical question for our generation—and for every generation—is this:
If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ were not there?
And the question for Christian leaders is: Do we preach and teach and lead in such a way that people are prepared to hear that question and answer with a resounding “No”? (John Piper)
Wow…that is challenging, yet true. Grace Adventures is committed to staying CHRIST-centered and overcoming the American dream gospel that castrates risk-taking, cross carrying and Jesus abandonment from people’s hearts. The gospel is not just a way to get people to heaven, rather it is primarily the way to get people to GOD. I am so excited about regular divine appointments to talk to people about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a thrill to see leaders trusting Jesus. A leader trusted Jesus this past week! God has thrown spiritual doors wide open to help people meet Jesus and follow HIM. I am prioritizing training and equipping leaders so they are ready to pass the baton of the faith to others. Doors are open for radio interviews, preaching, retreats, panel discussions, Bible studies, mentoring, etc. (Check the speaking schedule and Bible studies by clicking http://www.graceadventures.info
It is a joy to offer a gospel of GRACE in the Lord Jesus Christ to the seeking, failed and falling, condemned and judged. I believe in comebacks and rescues. I am not quitting on people in the valley. I will not throw the broken, abused, prodigals under the bus, but by grace they are put on the bus and driven to Jesus. I have found that grace is scarce in our world but with the scarcity comes great opportunity. I trust you have found that to be true as well.
THE BOOK DISASTER: BETTING THE FARM ON GOD IN LIFE’S STORMS IS AVAILABLE
Purchase a book or buy a batch of books for friends and family. 271 pages! All the monies that come in will be donated to GRACE ADVENTURES MINISTRY. Click on the book trailer at DISASTER: Betting the Farm on God in Life’s Storms and pass it on to someone.
1. If you are out of the area or local and want the book/books mailed to you – $20 will cover the book and shipping costs. Make the checks payable to GRACE ADVENTURES and send the request to: Grace Adventures, 701 Rue Marseille, Mandeville, LA 70471.
2. If you are local you can pick up the book at a cost of $16.99. I’ll have books available at the house and with me while doing ministry.
3. The book is available at SIMPLE GOODNESS Christian Bookstore in Covington, LA. It can be purchased through AMAZON.com and BARNES & NOBLE.com. I’ve been told AMAZON takes 60% off the top, so utilize the other options first. The book will be at all the big bookseller’s conventions in the fall, so hopefully it will be picked up by some retailers.
4. The book will be available for eBook publishing devices such as Kindle, B&N Nook, Microsoft and Sony e-reader, Mobi, Adobe Digital editions, etc. in about 4 weeks. More information to follow.
5. If you are on Facebook or email…consider sending your friends or church leaders the book trailer to acquaint them with the book. This gets the word out. Many have already done this and it helps.
1. Pray for upcoming speaking opportunities: Men’s Retreat, Radio interviews, TV possibilities, Bible studies.
2. Pray for opportunities for articles in the newspaper, magazines and blogs for the book.
3. Pray for boldness and wisdom to share Jesus Christ with many. Pray for open doors and the good success of the gospel. Pray for clarity to introduce people to the Jesus of the Bible and not the contemporary man-centered gospel that is so popular.
4. Praise God for the implementation in ministry of many new tools developed by SEARCH Ministry for open forums, business forums, discipleship and training.
5. Pray for Donna who carries a big load in ministry with accounting, donor care, website and publications.
6. Pray for newlyweds Jonathan and Patricia as they start a new marriage, new jobs, new city, new grad-school (Patricia), and new apartment. Their last apartment was flooded as a result of a broken water pipe from an overhead apartment and they had to move, again!
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE AT http://www.graceadventures.info
THE CRITICAL QUESTION FOR OUR GENERATION