As our ministry to leaders enters our 14th year, we are keenly aware we did not get to where we are alone. We thank God for His grace and provision. Likewise, Donna and I are grateful for people like you who have stood with us in prayer, support and friendship. You are our mighty men and women of valor. Ministry is not a Solo Endeavor. We value you dearly.
My personal motto is “Bet the Farm on God.” This attitude of God -dependence is the only way we know how to serve and bear fruit.
Capitol Commission Louisiana has an ongoing ministry of PRESENCE, PRAYER, AND PROCLAMATION in the Capitol Community and beyond. I marvel at redemptive friendships with Legislators, Judges, State and Local Government Leaders, Military Leaders, Lobbyists, staffers, journalists, political operatives, and non-profit entrepreneurs. Bible studies are every day of the week except Saturday … some weekly, some monthly. I spoke over two hundred times to groups this year. What joy!
Our message simply put is JESUS. Our interest is not for people to love RELIGION but to love JESUS. Our focus is not so much to get people to heaven but get people to a personal relationship with God and then heaven gets thrown in. We cannot fix anybody, but we can bring people to the real JESUS and allow Him to do what we could never do – transform a human life.
This year has seen significant favor in the following areas:
- Mike Johnson, the new Speaker of the House of Representatives, participated in our Legislators Bible Study while he was a state representative here in Louisiana.
- The joy of baptizing my grandson and daughter-in-law.
- Writing projects have multiplied this year. Posts appear daily on Facebook and Linkedin as well as occasionally on blogs and in magazines.
- Capitol Commission added an international component to our ministry as the training arm of Parlamento & Fe to train chaplains to serve full-time in National Capitols around the world. It was a delight to train leaders in Geneva, Switzerland and Lord willing, train African leaders in Zambia and surrounding nations in the fall.
- Our Leader Faith Forums are regional Bible studies with elected leaders. We thank God that groups in St. Bernard and Jefferson Parishes have been added.
- I have had expanded opportunities with key events including the Governor’s Prayer Breakfast, National Prayer Breakfast, Cabinet Council, War College Chapel, M/C Candidate debates, and Holy Land Trips.
As Jesus followers, we are given the assignment to bring light to where it will shine the brightest … in the darkness. Light radically changes the environment, bringing focus to the once invisible. But light does not arrive with a fanfare of trumpets. Light is silent – but what is revealed speaks volumes! Our mission is to be an incarnational presence wherever and whenever leaders gather for the glory of God and His Kingdom.
Speaking Opportunities in 2023:
- House of Representatives Bible Study
- Capitol Lobbyist Meetings
- Meetings with Senators and Representatives
- One-on-One Appointments
- Bible Studies every day of the week but Saturdays
- Leader Faith Forum – St. Tammany, Jefferson & St. Bernard Parishes
- Giving Hope Retreat Center
- Capitol Commission Gathering
- National Day of Prayer at Capitol
- Leadership St. Tammany Retreats
- Chamber of Commerce
- LA Governor’s Prayer Breakfast
- Forcey 90th Anniversary
- “The Chapel” Event
- War College Chapel
- Hope House
- “Let the Bible Speak” Podcast
- Covington Prayer Breakfast
- Concerned Women for America
- State of the Children Breakfast
- Parlamento & Fe (Geneva)
- Pastors Gathering
- Feeding the Needy
- Giving Hope
- Wisconsin Book Club
- New Orleans Mission Gala
- Chamber Candidate Forum
- Officers’ Christian Fellowship Retreat
- St. Timothy’s Men’s Dinner
- Fellowship Prayer Call
- St. Bernard State of the Parish
- Lynn Haven Retreat Center
- The Clay Young Show (WBRZ-tv)
- Homebuilders Luncheon
- Red Bluff Baptist
- Fleur de Lis Governor Event
- Zea Councilman Event
- St. Christopher Gathering
- Councilman Celebration
As a faith-based ministry, I am required to raise all my support. The core of the ministry has been supported by people making monthly commitments to GRACE ADVENTURES, and this has been supplemented by one-time gifts. I am grateful for God’s provision.
You have sacrificially partnered with Donna and me for years now to serve God’s Kingdom purposes. You have prayed, supported and encouraged us so we can minister to leaders with biblical values and our hearts. Out of caring for leader’s hearts comes relational equity to be considered their friends. These trust-filled relationships require empathy, time and consistency. Eternal fruit often flows out of extending God’s friendship to leaders. We are seeing Jesus’ impact on one of the most important mission fields. Thank you for strategically making this work possible and for your many years of friendship with Donna and me. It is a joy to work with my friends to help new friends meet Jesus in a vital way. We love you and pray God’s best for you and your family.
“For Unto Us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given.” -Isaiah 9:6
Merry Christmas to You!
Christmas is upon us. It is hard to believe that 2024 is only a few weeks away! These last few years have been difficult for so many. We have rejoiced with those who rejoice and hurt with those who have been hurt, sick, grieved, or experienced loss.
Donna has continued her service with the Crisis Pregnancy Center, teaches an on-going Bible study, leads a mentoring ministry to young moms, and plays a major role with Capitol Commission.
We will soon be off to Dallas to see our son, daughter-in-law and our two precious grandchildren for Christmas. The little ones are growing up too fast.
Our family wishes your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Michael and Donna
Year in Pictures