The old saying goes, “When you see a turtle on a post, you can be sure HE DIDN’T GET THERE ALONE.” As our ministry to leaders enters our 13th year, we are keenly aware we did not get to where we are alone. We thank God for His grace and provision. Likewise, Donna and I are grateful for people like you who have stood with us in prayer, support and friendship. You are our mighty men and women of valor. Ministry is not a Solo Endeavor. We value you dearly.
Capitol Commission Louisiana has an ongoing ministry of PRESENCE, PRAYER, AND PROCLAMATION in the Capitol Community and beyond. I marvel at redemptive friendships with Legislators, Judges, State and Local Government leaders, Military Leaders, Lobbyists, staffers, journalists, political operatives, and non-profit entrepreneurs. Bible studies are every day of the week except Saturday … some weekly, some monthly. I spoke over two hundred times to groups this year. What joy!
Our message simply put is JESUS. Our interest is not for people to love RELIGION but to love JESUS. Our focus is not so much to get people to heaven but get people to a personal relationship with God and then heaven gets thrown in. We cannot fix anybody, but we can bring people to the real JESUS and allow Him to do what we could never do – transform a human life.
This year has seen significant favor in the following areas:
- Writing projects have multiplied this year. Posts appear daily on Facebook and LinkedIn as well as occasionally on blogs and in magazines.
- Capitol Commission added an international component to our ministry as the training arm of Parlamento & Fe to train chaplains to serve full-time in National Capitols around the world. It was a delight to train leaders at a United Nations Initiative in New York City and Lord willing, at the United Nation’s World Court Initiative in Geneva in May.
- Our Leader Faith Forums are regional Bible studies with elected leaders. We thank God for new opportunities in St. Bernard and Jefferson Parishes.
- I have had expanded responsibilities in key events including the Governor’s Prayer Breakfast, National Prayer Breakfast, Cabinet Council, War College Chapel, and Holy Land Trip.
As Jesus followers, we are given the assignment to bring light to where it will shine the brightest … in the darkness. Light radically changes the environment, bringing focus to the once invisible. But light does not arrive with a fanfare of trumpets. Light is silent – but what is revealed speaks volumes! Our mission is to be an incarnational presence wherever and whenever leaders gather for the glory of God and His Kingdom.
Speaking Opportunities in 2022
- House of Representatives Bible Study
- Capitol Lobbyist Meetings
- Meetings with Senators and Representatives
- One-on-One Appointments
- Bible Studies every day of the week but Saturdays
- Leader Faith Forum – St. Tammany, Jefferson & St. Bernard Parishes
- Giving Hope Retreat Center
- Capitol Commission Gathering
- National Day of Prayer at Capitol
- Leadership St. Tammany Retreat
- Chamber of Commerce
- The Fellowship in Arkansas
- Northshore Bible Church
- LA Governor’s Prayer Breakfast
- Holy Land/Egypt Tour
- Forcey Missions Conference
- “The Chapel” Event
- War College Chapel & Retreat
- Governor’s Prayer Breakfast Team
- Burke Community Church Men
- Hope House
- Katrina Memorial
- Podcast Interview
- Bridge Church, Reseda, CA
- Covington Prayer Breakfast
- Concerned Women for America
- State of the Children Breakfast
- N. World Capitol’s Initiative
- Pastors Gathering
- Feeding the Needy
I have not mentioned finances since last December. The core of the ministry has been supported by people making monthly commitments to GRACE ADVENTURES, and this has been supplemented by one-time gifts. I am grateful. As a faith-based ministry, I am required to raise all my support.
You have sacrificially partnered with Donna and me for years now to serve God’s Kingdom purposes. You have prayed, supported and encouraged us so we can minister to leaders with biblical values and our hearts. Out of caring for leader’s hearts comes relational equity to be considered their friends. These trust-filled relationships require empathy, time and consistency. Eternal fruit often flows out of extending God’s friendship to leaders. We are seeing Jesus’ impact on one of the most important mission fields. Thank you for strategically making this work possible and for your many years of friendship with Donna and me. It is a joy to work with my friends to help new friends meet Jesus in a vital way. We love you and pray God’s best for you and your family.
Merry Christmas to You!
Christmas is upon us. It is hard to believe that 2023 is only a few weeks away! Most are saying “Amen” to a new beginning. These last few years have been difficult for so many. We have rejoiced with those who rejoice and hurt with those who have been hurt, sick, grieved, or experienced loss.
Donna has continued her service with the Crisis Pregnancy Center, teaches an on-going Bible study, leads a mentoring ministry to young moms, and plays a major role with Capitol Commission.
We will soon be off to Dallas to see our son, daughter-in-law and our two precious grandchildren for Christmas. The little ones are growing up too fast.
Our family wishes your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Michael and Donna