You have a few days at the beach … you pick up a good book … let’s say a thriller by John Grisham. By the time you get to page 213 you are on the edge of your seat enthralled with the plot. Of course, these formulaic books play out the same way – the hero is in trouble, the villain is evil personified, the situation is dire, the building is surrounded, the girlfriend is kidnapped, and you wonder if there is any hope in this impossible situation. How do you handle the pressure? You turn from page 213 to page 433 and take a peek at the last page to make sure it all works out well. Hence, you can read pages 213 through 433 with a whole lot less anxiety. Right?
My friends, our lives are lived out on page 213. Times are tough. Storm clouds surround us. A few things look impossible. Right? How are you going to move through the next 220 pages of your life with confidence and hope? Take a peek at page 433! The last page of God’s book reminds us that JESUS WINS. No matter the trial, tribulation, trouble or persecution Jesus is coming back. He will make all things right. Justice one day will roll like a river. One day there will be no more cancer, arthritis, drive-by-shootings, trafficking, betrayal, tears, pain or racism. There are no easy answers to the times we inhabit but if you read the last page you will live with a whole lot more confidence, less worry and more expectation. Let’s occupy well … serving compassionately and courageously until page 433!
Spiritual Aha Moments
I love when leaders have spiritual aha moments like these and the lightbulb is turned on by the Spirit of God.
- Life is Short and Eternity is Long
The brevity of life is motivating when the reality sinks in that we will spend a whole lot more time on the other side than this side.
- Dead Men Can’t Throw Life Preservers
Christianity stands or falls upon the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. The evidence is so overwhelming that many are compelled to follow the one who conquered death and offers life … even eternal life.
- God Doesn’t Grade on the Curve
Word out on the street is that human beings, in full or in part, are responsible to save themselves. People are shocked to discover the Bible doesn’t teach that one gets to heaven by their good works. The Bible teaches the GRACE plan as opposed to the human achievement plan. The JESUS plus nothing plan.
- Intellectual Assent in Jesus is Not Enough
It is not enough to know a few facts about Jesus. One has to make a faith decision to trust Jesus alone for salvation and the gift of life.
Decisions about the soul and death need to be made in life. I want all my friends, family and people of the world to have peace with God and a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. If I can help you or a friend with this or speak to your church or small group … please let me know.
- The Louisiana Legislative Session is now complete after three Special Sessions and the Regular Session. I spent a good chunk of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday over the past five months with our State Elected Leaders. I am grateful to have the opportunity to lead Bible Studies, Prayer Gatherings and meet one-on-one with leaders. I’ve had good meetings with Louisiana Senators and Representatives, our U.S. Senator, Judges, Mayors, Community leaders and others.
- I offer leaders, business people and those in the community Bible Studies every day of the week except for Saturday.
- Pray for Upcoming speaking opportunities – Regional Methodist Pastors, Leaders and Men; ALEC Conference, New Orleans; Capitol Commission Banquet, Springfield, Missouri; Preaching Northshore Bible Church, Covington and Be & Be Retreat, Abita Springs.
- I will be in the Washington D.C. area tentatively around October 10-14. I’m open to speaking opportunities if you know of any. Let me know if God prompts you to discover an open door.
- I have dreamed of a better partnership between Government, Spiritual and Business Leaders. I’m seeing good fruit and am serving as a connector between leaders in those spheres of community. It is incredible what people of faith can accomplish together. Pray for more opportunities.
Helping Louisiana’s Leaders,