Easter is a week removed but RESURRECTION POWER lasts. The resurrection is either the most wicked, heartless hoax ever foisted on the human race or it is the most remarkable fact of history. It is either a myth or hinge point. You can’t have some namby-pamby middle ground. It is either true and mind-blowing or utterly false and shattering. In I Corinthians 15:13-19 Paul says, “if Jesus is still dead, we are still in our sins, faith is silly, preachers are liars, there is no hope for the dead and believers are most to be pitied.” There is no Christianity with a perpetually dead Messiah.
However, the resurrection is a game-changer. Indeed, the women said, “He is not here, he is risen from the dead just as he said he would.” On the third day blood flowed through his veins, his heart was beating, breathing resumed, he stretched his arms and walked out of the tomb for all to see. The rescue mission was completed. He started a revolution that as Martin Luther King stated, “There is a certain kind of fire that no water hoses can put out.”
I know, that I know, that I know, HE IS RISEN. HOW DO I KNOW THAT? At age 17 I trusted Him for my salvation. He saved me. He said if I meditated on Scripture I’d grow. I have. He said He’d lead me. He has. He said He gave me gifts and He would use me. He has. He said when tempted He’d provide a way of escape. Every time. He said when I sin He’d forgive me. Yes indeed. He said when I am faithless He would be faithful. Yes again. He said He’d supply my every need. He has and more. He said when I shake upon the rock, the Rock wouldn’t shake under me. It’s true. Yes, Yes and Yes. I can say, He is risen!!!
In the work of Capitol Commission Louisiana/Grace Adventures I rely upon this resurrection power daily to see changed lives and transformed hearts. Only the power of God can disarm strongholds, tear down rivalries, mend brokenness, bring life out of death and cause light to expel the darkness. There are many chilling things going on in politics today. The work is impossible without the power of God. Nevertheless, in light of the resurrection, Paul said, “Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing your work is not in vain in the Lord.”
- Pray for the major outreaches: Representative Steve Scalise will be speaking at an event in Jefferson Parish; Senator Cassidy will be speaking in Covington; the National Prayer Breakfast event in the Senate Chamber which I am coordinating; and the Pearl River Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast where I will be speaking.
- Pray for the eleven Bible studies I lead, for-one on-one appointments this month and three Leader Faith Forums which I teach.
- Pray for Legislators amid a rigorous Session that is necessitating the resolution of huge issues.
- Pray for leaders who are revolutionizing serving in the community in criminal justice, addictions recovery, law enforcement, domestic violence, and work for felons, etc. It is a joy to see leaders become Kingdom leaders in their areas of expertise and calling.
- Pray for a friend who has finished a year of interior renovation and discipleship and is ready once again for the world of politics.
Helping Louisiana’s Leaders,